Today I tilled in some algalfa, humic acid, kelp meal, 4lbs of myco and peat moss into the pumpkin patch. After tilling the patch I put down some winter rye that I pre-germinated in a bucket of lava sand with some Azos. This evening a little rain fell which should help get that winter rye going. In early June, I'll till in that cover crop of winter rye. It will help suppress the weeds, ad organic matter and help add nutrients to the soil that will be readily available to the pumpkin plants.
I expanded the patch some. The new area's soil is going to need some work, but the amendments I added to the soil are a good start.