I sprayed some foliar TKO on the pumpkin plants this evening. That is a good source of potassium for the pumpkin growth. At this point of the season I would typically be adding potassium and some phosphorous to the soil as well, but I'm not going to have a big pumpkin this year, so I'm doing what I need to do to get ready for next year.
Traditionally my potassium and phosphorous are too high in the soil, which can cause some problems. Right now I'm letting the plant pull all of that potassium and phosphorous out of the soil so the soil will be more balanced next season. Last season I did the same thing. As a result, my potassium in the spring my soil report showed me being a little closer to where it should be. My phosphorous was still too high, however so I'm hoping by the end of this season it will be in the ballpark as well.
Today I talked to a pathologist at Western Laboratories about what I've seen going on with my plants. From what I described, he wasn't sure what was going on, so I sent him some video of my 282 plant from a few weeks ago along with some photos to help diagnosis what is going on.