Growth for both pumpkins has been a touch slower than expected for the last few days. Particularly for the 1161 plant. They are both still on the low end of exceptable but I was hoping for more of a ramp up at this point. I knew the leaf damage would slow things down, but I was hoping for more.
I grow my pumpkins on sand so there is good drainage under the pumpkin and so the pumpkin can slide as it grows. It's always fun to see a mound of sand on the edges of the pumpkin because then you know it was growing that day. I noticed a very slight split that had healed on the blossom end of the 1236 pumpkin yesterday in a rib. Don't like the spot it was in at all. The good news is that it seemed dry and healed so it was probably just a growing split which are not a big deal. The 1161 had some similar very minor splits on the stem. I put a touch of diluted bleach on both and will be watching them (and praying).
My web design business has been very busy for the last three weeks and it is taking a small toll on the plants. Yesterday was the first time I've spent any significant time with the plants in a week. Most of the time was spent getting sucker and tertiary vines cut out of the jungle.